Industrial Engineer (Organization Method Engineer)
To provide process improvements, set work standards, evaluate operational costs, validate capital expenditures, document operational procedures, determine most economical process flows and perform project management functions
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend changes or improvements in operational process, procedures, and equipment and provide analysis to support these changes
- Performs process validation and maintains necessary documentation
- Assist users in understanding and establishing baseline performance and work standards
- Develop cost comparisons of alternate processes, parts, tooling, equipment, or systems within Operations
- Develop, maintain and distribute reports as required
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Industrial Engineering and two to five years practical experience in any machine oriented background, required; preferably in a factory or processing industry environment as an Industrial Engineer. Six Sigma knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to design, develop, implement and improve integrated systems that included people, materials, information, equipment and cost
- Capable of performing root cause analysis to determine cause and solutions to various technical manufacturing issues
- Product costing knowledge and ability to identify opportunities for cost reduction.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an intermediate skill level with Microsoft Project, Database software/Access, Excel, and Word software
- This position requires skill in CAD software or any software dealing with plant layouts and process flow mapping